mocha frappe while away...

Shake it up... Oh this drink is good...really good.  Creamy but has no cream in it at all...not even any non-dairy milk! What&#...

Shake it up...




Oh this drink is good...really good. 

Creamy but has no cream in it at all...not even any non-dairy milk! What's the secret? You wouldn't believe me if I told you...



But here goes...soy-free adzuki bean miso makes this drink taste like there is milk in it!

This drink boasts a lot of benefits...how many lattes have you tasted that are probiotic?!

The miso in this beverage will settle your stomach so you can kiss that achey post-coffee pain goodbye. It gets its sweetness from my favorite sweetener -- raw honey. If you're a vegan and don't do honey, just use maple syrup, sugar. Or agave, or brown rice syrup or even date syrup! I used mostly raw honey with a touch of maple syrup and it was perfect! So why did I use raw honey? Well, for starters its out of this world delicious. If you need more explanation, I use raw honey and love it because of its magical attributes -- its an anti-inflammatory (which aids my weary over-worked body, seriously I go from pain to instant relaxation when I consume it) and its also anti-viral and anti-infective which is just a bonus anytime. I always use raw (unpasteurized) honey because many studies have shown that the pasteurized varieties can lose most if not all the health benefits. I also prefer the rich creamy taste. 


Did I fail to mention this creamy drink is a mocha? A mocha made with 100% raw cacao paste? Well it is. What is cacao paste you ask?




Cacao paste is a delicious product to add to your fridge. It is 100% low heat processed cacao beans. It looks like hunks of a thin dark chocolate bar and melts like a dream in low temperatures. It is incredibly high in antioxidants that help to fight off free radicals, and a great source of minerals like magnesium. Eating it straight may put you off as its as dark as it gets -- I recommend a smear of raw honey on it if you want to taste it on its own before adding it to this drink...this drink that you need to make asap.

This delightful mocha drink gets its coffee component in the simplest way possible -- freeze dried organic arabica granules -- providing the great kick, crema and aroma without the drip drip drip time. Did I mention I'm away on vacation and I have no time or desire to watch my coffee drip? Just hook it up to my veins and make it snappy, there's swimming to be done!

This drink could not be simpler to prepare and was made in my food processor. Yes, I'm a food nerd who takes her food processor to a cottage rental on vacation. I would take it to work every day if it was socially acceptable! 


So lets recappe this frappe fast because I'm on vacation and need to get back to it:

instant coffee + cacao paste + raw honey + maple + miso + H20 
=
Mocha Frappe!




HEALTHY MOCHA FRAPPE
Makes 1 grande creamy drink or 2 tall creamy drinks

                                           
Vegan optional, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free
  • 2 tsp instant organic arabica coffee granules
  • 1 level tsp or less soy-free miso paste
    (I used adzuki bean miso from South River Miso)
  • 1.5-2 tbsp size hunk solid low-heat processed cacao paste (I use Organic Traditions)
  • 2-3 cups boiling or very hot water
  • 3 tsp raw honey (or maple syrup, or agave, or brown rice syrup, or date syrup)
  • 1 tsp maple syrup
  • ½-1 tsp cinnamon
Add all ingredients to your food processor and blend until smooth with a frothy crema on top. Pour hot liquid into a tall glass  (a beer glass works well) or over ice and serve immediately.
Tastes delicious hot or cold.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.